Springport Township Board Meeting
February 13, 2017
Springport Township’s regular monthly meeting was called to order at 7:02pm, in the township hall on February 13, 2017. Board members present were Losey, Riehle, Sebastian and Mitchell, Schmidt was absent. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
County Commissioner- no representative
A motion was made by Mitchell to accept January 9, 2017 minutes as presented, supported by Losey and the motion passed.
Losey gave the Treasurer’s report. General fund has a balance of $120,830.69 in the checking account, police checking has a balance of $174,044.86, and fire operating has a balance of $105,314.03 and fire equipment $44,541.85. Motion to approve the treasurer’s report for audit by Mitchell, supported by Riehle and it carried.
Motion by Mitchell to approve post audit police bills of $3,632.34, supported by Losey and it passed unanimously.
Mitchell moved to approve post audit general fund bills in the amount of $284.77, supported by Losey and the motion passed.
Motion by Mitchell supported by Losey to pay police bills in the amount of $7804.94, motion carried unanimously.
Mitchell moved to pay general fund bills in the amount of $8081.25, motion supported by Losey and it passed unanimously.
Police Report: A bid was submitted for the purchase of a new police vehicle of $28,190.00 with an additional $9582.59 for lights, decals, etc ; this brings the total bid to $37,772.59, The board requested another bid to compare the cost. Officer Truchan will relay the request to Chief Luce.
Committee Reports: NA
Planning Commission: NA
Fire Board – Budget Meeting scheduled for 2-20-17 @ 7:00pm.
- Blight Ordinance- Motion made by Mitchell to not exempt agricultural properties from the ordinance supported by Losey and the motion carried. Truchan will redraft the Blight ordinance to reflect the changes.
- Solicitation Ordinance- Motion made by Mitchell to adopt solicitation ordinance 17-38 with a fee of $100 per day for approved solicitors, supported by Losey, motion carried unanimously.
- Marijuana Ordinance- Sebastian requested Truchan draft a marijuana ordinance to be presented at the March board meeting.
- Board of Review Dates- March 13, 2017 9am-3pm and March 15, 2017 3pm-9pm
Motion to approve Board of Review dates as presented was made by Mitchell, supported by Losey and was unanimously carried.
- Concord Police Car- Officer Truchan presented the board with the opportunity to buy a 2011 Impala from Concord. The car would replace the black charger. The cost of the car is $3500 but after an inspection Chief Luce would like to offer $2500 as the car is in need of some maintenance. A motion was made by Mitchell to bid $2,500 for the vehicle, supported by Riehle and carried unanimously.
- Poverty Resolution- 1.25% times Federal Poverty Guidelines – Motion made by Mitchell, supported by Riehle to approve the presented Poverty Resolution. Motion carried.
- Hall Maintenance/Cemetery Maintenance Bid- The board was presented with a bid from Francis Arntz for cemetery maintenance in the amount of $5,000 for 2017 and a bid from JoAnn Underhill for hall maintenance in the amount of $3,600 for 2017. These were the only bids submitted. Mitchell moved to accept both bids, Losey supported and the motion carried unanimously.
- Coleman DeConick- request for inspection pay increase. Sebastian asked to have an analysis done of the building permits from 2016. Mr. DeConick is requesting a pay increase of $5 per inspection. Motion by Mitchell to approve the request, supported by Losey and the motion carried unanimously.
Board Member Comments: Losey reported that she spoke with the mortgage company that has been sending tax payments directly to Mr. Betz’s house. They insured her that it would be taken care of it and payments mailed will be addressed to the township office.
Meeting adjourned at 8:47pm.
Jackie Riehle, Township Clerk