Springport Township Board Meeting
August 14, 2017
Springport Township’s regular monthly meeting was called to order at 7:00pm, in the township hall on August 14 2017. Board members present were Schmidt, Losey, Riehle, Sebastian and Mitchell. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
County Commissioner- Sarah Lightner reported that the Jackson County Fair went well and that quarterly reports are posted online for viewing.
Public Comment- NA
* A motion was made by Mitchell to accept July 10, 2017 minutes as presented, supported by Sebastian and the motion passed.
Losey gave the Treasurer’s report. General fund has a checking account balance of $208,800.62, police checking has a balance of $190,435.88 and fire operating has a balance of $127,534.92 and fire equipment $36,644.41. *Motion to approve the treasurer’s report by Sebastian, supported by Mitchell and it carried.
General Fund Post Audit for Approval: $6,603.89
Police Post Audit for Approval: $9,257.18
POST AUDIT FIRE: NA
*Mitchell moved to pay post audit bills, motion supported by Sebastian and it passed unanimously.
General Fund Current Bills for Approval: $7,732.70
Police Current Bills for Approval: $4,110.38
Fire Current Bills for Approval: NA
*Mitchell moved to current bills, motion supported by Sebastian and it passed unanimously.
* A motion was made by Sebastian to move $4,500 from Police Fund Balance to Capital Outlay 207-301-970-000 to pay for the sirens and lights for the new car, supported by Mitchell and the motion passed unanimously.
Police Report: Chief Luce reported that the new car is now in service.
Planning Commission: No meeting this month
Fire Board– No meeting this month
- Springport Road Culvert- Riehle reported that the culvert was finished except for the guard rails
- Ordinance Enforcement- Riehle suggested moving $1500 from Building Maintenance to create an account for an Ordinance Officer.
*A motion was made by Sebastian to move $1500 from building maintenance for the use of an ordinance officer, supported by Mitchell and the motion passed unanimously.
- Vines/Gutters- Consumers Energy is coming out to take care of the vines
- Fire Millage Resolution- After discussion the board has decided to add the renewal of the Fire Millage to a election in 2018.
- Resolution to Adopt Michigan Township Association’s Retention and Disposal of Records-
*Sebastian moved to adopt the resolution, Mitchell seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
Board Member Comments –
Meeting Adjourned: 7:32pm
Jackie Riehle, Springport Township Clerk