Springport Township Board Meeting
April 10, 2017
Springport Township’s regular monthly meeting was called to order at 7:00pm, in the township hall on April 10, 2017. Board members present were Schmidt, Losey, Riehle, Sebastian and Mitchell. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
County Commissioner- no representative
A motion was made by Sebastian to accept March 13th, 2017 minutes and March 29th, 2017 end of fiscal year minutes as presented, supported by Mitchell and the motion passed.
Losey gave the Treasurer’s report. General fund has a balance of $195,121.93 in the checking account, police checking has a balance of $229,156.01, and fire operating has a balance of $138,184.99 and fire equipment $36,577.12. Motion to approve the treasurer’s report by Sebastian, supported by Mitchell and it carried.
Post Audit General Fund Bills for Approval: N/A
Fire Post Audit for Approval: N/A
Post Audit Police Bills for Approval
Motion by Mitchell to approve post audit police bills of $2,739.96 supported by Sebastian and it passed
General Fund Bills for Approval:
Mitchell moved to pay General Fund bills in the amount of $6,520.15, motion supported by Sebastian and it passed unanimously.
Fire Bills for Approval: N/A
Police Bills for Approval:
Mitchell moved to pay Police bills in the amount of $288.99, motion supported by Sebastian and it passed unanimously.
Police Report: Chief Luce reported that the 2011 Impala purchased from Concord is in operation. The black Charger is ready to sell and will be listed on AutoTrader. All officers will be attending driving school in the next couple of weeks. Grant money was received from VTPOA in the amount of $1900.00 and Chief is expecting money for 302 Grant around May. Chief Luce would like to use a portion of the grant money to purchase a radar. Board member Sebastian motioned for Chief Luce to purchase the new radar, supported by Mitchell and the motion passed unanimously.
Planning Commission: N/A
Fire Board– Sebastian reported that the rescue truck received $5,800 worth of repairs, all Scott-packs are in service and firefighters attended an Incident Response Training
Supervisor/Assessor’s Report: Board of Review is finalized, balanced and reported
- Marijuana Ordinance- Prosecutor Jarad Jarzynka meeting April 18th, 2017 @ 7:00pm
- Township Website- Megan Merrill revamped the website to be more township focused. There are a few changes that need to be made. Board member Riehle will contact Megan about these changes.
- Tire Grant Update/Township clean up- Board member Schmidt suggested that the township provide a dumpster on the same day as the tire clean-up for resident and volunteer convenience. Sebastian motioned to get a dumpster for June 3rd, 2017, the same day as the tire clean up, supported by Mitchell and the motion passed unanimously. Board Member Riehle suggested advertising the clean-up day in the Springport Signal, Sebastian motioned to advertise the clean-up day in the Springport Signal for 3 weeks prior to June 3rd, Schmidt supported and the motion passed unanimously.
- Animal Control Ordinance- George Truchan drafted an Animal Control Ordinance. Chief Luce mentioned that Officer Cain also has a draft from the county. Board member Riehle will compare the two ordinances before the next board meeting.
- Front Door- Schmidt commented that the front door of the hall needs to be replaced, discussion followed, Schmidt will look into getting a new door.
- Tri-County Electrical Resolution- Sebastian moved to adopt the presented resolution, Mitchell supported and the motion passed.
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church Notification- Seventh-Day Adventist notified the township that they will be in the area June 4-August 11 between the hours of 10:00 am-9:00 pm. Student Literature Evangelistic Program will be going door to door delivering free religious literature, enrolling interested individuals in Bible Studies, and seeking donations to support the program. If complaints are received at the township level, Seventh-Day Adventist will be contacted.
Board Member Comments – N/A
Meeting Adjourned: 7:32
Springport Township Clerk